Monday, March 13, 2017

Pi Day tiles

March 14 is World Pi Day, pi being 3.14 andonandonandon...
So in honor of this occasion, I present six varieties of pie, on 3Z tiles.
Bon appétit!

Clockwise from the top:

Pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream - Ingredients: rounded Ing, Dansk, Tidings, and Perfs with a copper dusting of cinnamon. Served on a white tile.

Pecan pie - Ingredients: Tripoli and Fugu. Served on a tan tile.

Raspberry pie - Ingredients: Tri-dots, Prestwood, W2 and Tipple. Served on a tan tile.

Blueberry pie - Ingredients: Printemps, Shattuck, Tipple with some spirals and other additives. Served on a white tile.
Such a lovely color; I couldn't bear to put a top crust on. Originally I was going to use Pokeleaf, but it's a tangle a don't do very well, and besides, who wants little stems in their pie?

Lemon Meringue pie - Ingredients: Knightsbridge, Prestwood variation, Meringue (what else?!) and Tipple. Served on a white tile.

Tourtière (Québecois meat pie. Delicious!) - Ingredients: Knightsbridge, Puffle, Y-Not and Tipple.
Served on a tan tile.

So, when is World Pizza Day?

16 comments:

  1. How clever! Great choices of Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret, Usually I just get your email and marvel at your creativity, but I HAD to come and leave you a comment. This is the absolute most adorable thing I have ever seen tangled. I am in love with it. I saw the single slice you posted on Mosaic..but the whole PI(e)..oh..brilliant. And the menu..just precious. I showed my husband as we are part of Blizzard 2017..and he thought it was genius. You are a gift to this community and I and thrilled to be a part of it with you!
    Thank you,
    Jody Genovese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jody! (Now I need a pin to prick my inflated head!) :)

      Delete
  3. This is so wonderfully creative and I love it! Plus I now want pie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this pie! You are so creative, Margaret, and I never tire of reading your posts. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful creations with the rest of us.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome LindyLu. It's my pleasure!

      Delete
  5. O, how I love the way your wonderfully creative mind works!
    Thank you so much for sharing this mouth-watering creation with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible, Margaret! You areally so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for your full explanation here. On the Mosaic App I thought the one was minced meat pie so was glad I was close and the rest were so beautifully rendered got them all. The lemon meringue especially clever and the blueberries mouth watering. What a delightful treat for us all! So glad too you shared all of the tangles as a few are.new to me and now I can try them. Thanks so much Margaret for sharinging your creativity that so inspires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Pam! It is a little guessing game without the explanation, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  8. This is simply adorable. Margaret, such creative, lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Margaret, what a lovely and funny Pie!!
    I had to look at it sometimes before I realized it totally- I saw the tangles at the outer edges only very late--- it is just like an optical illusion. This mosaic and your explanations made me smile!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Right now, all I want is a piece of pie! Margaret, your work as usual, is stunning:)

    ReplyDelete